This site is not sponsored or endorsed by, or affiliated with, Autodesk, Inc.



Monday, 13 December 2010

Final post of the Year!

Hey All,

Big thanks to everyone following my blog over the last year, this will be the last post before i take off for Christmas and new years break.

Its been a good year starting off with text tutorials moving into Video tutorials in February. I managed to get 7 chapters(different topics/details) complete, initially i was aiming for one chapter a month but in reality i didn't quite work out like that(although the 06 project chapter took away about 4 months).
We started of with '01 glazed partition' detail which was a tester for me to see how the format of the blog would come together. We followed through with 02 concrete basement, 03 parapet detail, 04 curved roof detail & 05 concrete cast insitu element which were individual details explained with a lot of detail, these were leading to the '06 Revit Project the Experiment' chapter which tied all those chapters together in one big project, the 06 project also went through some other things such as sheets and annotation of a project and including rendering and walkthroughs, the 06 project was slightly diluted in my eyes as there was such a larger quantity of objects that i could not go into as much detail as i would have liked. Saying that it appears to be the most popular chapter in terms of viewers watching the video post. Finishing up then with the '07 Sun roof patio detail'. So what's next......

I'd love to here from you about;
  • Format,
  • Topics,
  • Video length and image
  • Level of detail,
  • Ideas,
  • Areas of difficulty within revit.
  • Areas of difficulty following my blog
  • Downloads vs online watching
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My plan for next year is to start off with '08 Major revision to a project', this has been requested a number of time but the amount of work it would take and the time to do it was not available this year so i plan to start it next year first thing.

Anyway enjoy you holiday break and happy new year!!

Cheers

Peter

8 comments:

Amr Saad said...

I'd Like to thanks you for your awesome effort really I've enhanced my revit knowledge throug your posts here

Spencer said...

Should definitely be us thanking you Peter. Great job. Look forward to 2011 posts

Décio Ferreira said...

I thinks that is quit good your work!

Keep on going becaus it's all ok!

GReetings and Mery Cristmas and Happy new year from Portugal ;)

Décio Ferreira said...

I thinks that is quit good your work!

Keep on going becaus it's all ok!

GReetings and Mery Cristmas and Happy new year from Portugal ;)

James Holmes-Siedle said...

Hi Peter,

It is easy to forget how much time you have put into these tutorials, and how beneficial they are to us as users. I have learned a huge amount through the videos, and the fact that they are 'real world' kind of worked examples is really useful.

I like the format - takes me through some unexpected areas.
Topics have been good so far - selfishly, what I do all day is remodelling existing houses and so set up and approach to that is always useful - but I kind of come here fore something else :)
Level of detail is good - I like to understand your 'workings' and so it is good to hear and see them.
Areas of difficulty so far has been good.
No difficulty following the blog.
Personally I would prefer download - so I can watch away from streaming.

MANY MANY thnaks


James

Peter McCarthy said...

Thanks for all the comments guys,

Yeah i've been leaning towards putting downloads up as i have limit on my online video watching which i went over once, will look at setting that up as standard next year,

Another good tip for you all, join autodesk university online, you can download about 100 videos and handouts, i've started dowmloading them in bulk, i will then watch one a week with my work colleuges during work hour(nice little break from work)

Have a good holiday and new year!

Cheers

Peter

Gustavo Mello said...

Great tutorials Peter! Nothing to complain about.

Thank You,
Gustavo Mello

Peter McCarthy said...

Cheers Gustavo, Thanks for all the comments and tip over the year.

Pete