I plan to wrap up this chapter the house extension here with a few small things on sheets, elevations and plans, nothing to revolutionary. Then next posting i plan to migrate to revit 2012, hopefully it works on my laptop(its pushing 4.5 year now) and talk about some of the new features in which I'm interested in such as splitting elements into parts( the layers in walls and floors etc.) and some other stuff as well. I need to pick out a new detail to base the chapter on as well, any suggestions are welcome, if not I'll scroll through a few magazines until i find a detail that might come ac cross as hard to do in revit and looks good as well.
So in this post we talk about,
- Setting up sheets
- Project Information tab
- Creating a sheet schedule to quickly rename and number drawings(manual, no plug-in)
- Dragging views to sheets
- Having a different displayed name of a view on a sheet,(especially when view names are associated to levels visible in elevations and sections
- Annotation Crop settings and draw backs
- Special trick to liven up your elevations(open 3d view and select all object behind the extension, tab over to the elevation, then override graphics in view, half tone)
- Line Work tool and blue grips
- Why its not a great idea to duplicate sections or elevations as they leave a marker exactly on top of the original marker and you see two sheet numbers and view numbers on top of each other.
- Tab when dimensioning to get points for un-parallel dimensioning
Introduction Page for this chapter
09.00 - House Extension Project - Introduction
Video Downloads for the Chapter
09.1 Template file and Setup info
09.2 House Extension Project - External walls and...
09.3 House Extension - Roof Part 1
09.4.2 House Extension - Roof Part 2 (video)
09.5 House Extension - Final Modeling Stage
09.6 House Extension - Annotation Start - Part 1
09.7 House Extension - Section Annotation
09.8 House Extension - Sheets and general round up