Finally i got to test the new 'Create Parts Tool' in 2012, my blog was based on how to model in revit without this tool, I've done this by modeling separate walls in external wall construction, multiple floors etc. Now we can move forward with a much better tool. I've been reviewing some new blogs recently and i came across a video and post on this topic which i found very useful.
The bones of it is,
- You select the system family object(roof, wall, floors etc.),
- Select the create parts tool,
- Select one of the layers(e.g. plasterboard)
- In the 'properties' box select 'show shape handles'
- You can then pull and push the edge of that layer
- Each view has a setting which will either show the 'orginal' wall or floor shape or show the 'Parts' configuration, this is called 'Parts Visibility' In the 'properties' box, it must be set for each view individual.